Conducting Performance Appraisals
All managers responsible for conducting appraisals/PDR’s within their team. The workshop aims to highlight the key areas of the performance management process and give delegates the skills and confidence to conduct reviews for the their team.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key principles of effective performance management.
- Understand the key benefits of performance management.
- Describe the role of the manager in the process.
- Set and agree SMART objectives.
- Give effective feedback on performance.
- Conduct effective performance reviews.
This workshop is designed around the specific policy and paperwork of each client. Where a client has no existing policy, we will work with them to design a process that fits the needs of individual organisation.
Principles of Performance Management
- Performance management cycle
- Organisational measures of success
- Quality and quantity
Managing the Process
- Understanding the paperwork
- Understanding and using competencies
- Gathering information
Conducting the Review
- Setting the scene
- Managing attitude
- Setting expectations
- Setting SMART objectives
- Constructive feedback
- Planning a PDP
After the review
- Note writing
- Planning the year ahead
- Reviewing progress
- An ongoing process
Planning How and When to Apply New Tools/Skills
- Action planning