Introduction to People Management
All employees with operational management responsibility. The workshop areas of managing others and give delegates the skills and confidence to manage and build employes effectiveness. This workshop provides a sound basis for all managers
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the manager.
- Understand the impact of their preferred management style.
- Describe key motivators and demotivators.
- Effectively manage performance and give feedback.
- Adopt appropriate management styles to enhance employee and team effectiveness.
The Role of the Manager
- Leadership & management
- Action Centred Leadership
- Management style questionnaire
- Motivational theory
- Motivators & demotivators
- Personal motivation
- Performance Management Cycle
- Setting objectives & expectation
- Measuring qualitatively & quantitatively
- Managing poor performance & attitude
- Giving feedback
- Transactional Analysis
Developing Members of the Team
- Situational leadership
- Key skills
Planning How and When to Apply New Tools/Skills
- Four stages of learning
- Action planning