All employees responsible for managing or leading teams. The workshop aims to highlight the key areas of team development and give delegates the skills and confidence to manage and build effectiveness and cohesion within their teams.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key components of effective teamwork.
- Understand the stages of team development.
- Assess their team against objective criteria.
- Understand the impact of Belbin team roles within their team.
- Take specific actions to improve team effectiveness.
Principles of Teamwork
- Team vs group
- Team development
- High performance teams
- The role of the leader
- Belbin team roles
Building Effective Teams
Developing the Team
- Situational leadership
- Coaching the team
- Team communication
- Key skills
Planning How and When to Apply New Tools/Skills
- Practical exercise
- Action planning