All employees responsible for managing individuals within their team. The workshop aims to highlight the key areas of performance management and give delegates the skills and confidence to manage employees within their team.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key principles of effective performance management.
- Write effective SMARTER objectives.
- Give effective feedback on performance.
- Understand the principles of effective coaching.
- Conduct effective coaching sessions.
Principles of Performance Management
- Performance management cycle
- Organisational measures of success
- Quality and quantity
- SMARTER objectives
- Using competencies
- Good and poor performance
- Constructive feedback
Coaching For Success
- Coaching defined
- Do’s and don’ts of coaching
- Coaching cycle
- Key skills
Planning How and When to Apply New Tools/Skills
- Practical exercise
- Action planning