The Assertive Communicator
All people for whom building and maintaining and effective working relationship is important. The workshop examines different communication styles and their impact on self and others. It aims to identify barriers to effective communication and tips & techniques to overcome them.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviours.
- Identify verbal and non verbal cues.
- Feel more confident in dealing with aggressive people and difficult situations.
- Improve their skills in communicating clearly and effectively.
- Use appropriate techniques in different situations.
- Passive aggressive
Dealing With ‘Difficult’ Situations
- Verbal defensive techniques
- Rapport & influence
- Transactional analysis
- Recognising and using emotion
- Giving feedback
- Radiating confidence
- Verbal & non verbal communication
Planning How and When to Apply New Tools/Skills
- Action planning